Hi! My name is Elena. My aim is to explore the olfactory world of skillfully made niche/indie/artisan perfumes & scented products, and give you my sincere insight.
I am passionate about perfumes, life quality improvement based on the expanding of the olfactory palate and developing a sense of smell for beautiful.
This is a life-long learning process and I’m enjoying every step of it.
The concept I support is the art and creativity of perfumery, innovation, and the finest ingredients. Authenticity.
Join me on this remarkable journey! If you like what I do here, you can buy me a coffee:
The Plum Girl blog is:
– Senior Contributor for CaFleureBon Perfume Blog
– Top 10 TFF 2018 Finalist in the same category, with the review of perfume Warszawa by Puredistance – “The Scent of Slavic Melancholy”.
– A media partner with Esxence – The Scent of Excellence Milan 2019 and 2020.
Please be mindful that I am most interested in niche/artisan/indie perfumes and products.
- Sending samples or full bottles does not guarantee a review.
- All reviews shall be based upon my personal opinion and published when I find it fit.
- Samples shall not be resold! If we agree upon using samples as blog giveaways, shipment costs are at your expense.
- Any link appearing in the text to an outside site is for informational purposes only, it is not paid for.
- Perfume reviews are informative, not a call to action. Test before you buy it.
Why “The Plum Girl”?
The Plum Girl is a character from the book “Perfume“, written by Patrick Suskind. She is the initial girl that started Grenouille’s desire to create “the perfume of the perfumes”. She started his obsession, she made him realize what his life purpose is and she is the one he thinks of in his last moments.
I write my own texts and respect copyright laws. Please show respect for all the effort I put into “The Plum Girl” blog.
I love perfumes, people, Summer, deserts, seas and red wine.
Deserts, as I see them, are the spots that ultimately connect me with Nature. Traveled to many, some are still calling my name, some I always to return to. Sea is where I anchor.
Faculty of Economics is my alma mater, Marketing in my veins. My career grew up in the corporate world and when the time was right for me, I became an entrepreneur.
You might know me as a business coach, soft skills trainer or HR specialist. I am also an olfactory geek, keen and always in the process of learning.
I feel scents as silent poetry, invisible soul-deep impressions.
My favorite quote:
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”
Photos: The Plum Girl Archive, Mario Poje/MUA: Zdenka Mihelj/Hair: Fancy Shmensy by Daniela Jericevic/Dress: Katarina Dzale Soul Fashion